Monday, January 2, 2017

One Word for 2017

I had a friend post her one word for 2016 and I was intrigued.  Life sped past and I never made an official choice for 2016.  As 2017 has arrived I decided to choose my one word.  One word to encourage. One word to remind.  One word to cling to in 2017.  An alternative to the list of New Years Resolution fiasco and the ability to focus in more intently.

2017 will be FREE. Now this doesn't mean I will become a super saavy coupon lady or I will give away everything we have.  I will focus on the freedom in Christ I have.







But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness and the result is eternal life.  Romans 6:22


What is freedom?  You could argue that freedom exists for all outside of Christ.  We can make our own decisions and way through life. But true freedom only seen in Christ is the freedom to walk away from sin, regret, and inadequacy.  The freedom to know the debt for my sin was paid and I now can be as God originally designed for me.  Pure and holy.  A pursuit that will not be fully reached until the day I stand before God but one that is a reality.

For me personally, freedom is no longer clinging to insecurities, fear, and worry.  No longer concerned with tomorrow.

Does this mean all my troubles will disappear simply for remembering my freedom.  Absolutely not, what does happen is that my joy...true joy is in the Lord.  My house, my job, my relationships all very important but they do not bring me my joy.  I will enjoy life on Earth until I am called home but my every day happiness cannot be in those things that are temporary....that will pass away in time.

Every day happiness....

Knowing Jesus Christ my savior.  Understanding what HE has already done to bring me the life I have.

Every day happiness....

Despite the rocky roads of life.  Death, loss of job, financial trouble, relationship problems, health issues....what remains true is Jesus.

And THAT my friends in freedom.  The assurance that I have him.

Bring on 2017 and what lessons both joyful or full of pain may come.  I will cling to Jesus and rejoice in the FREE.

Happy New Year!














No comments:

Post a Comment