Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yep I did it!

I have threatened to do this for years.  Promised myself that I would start.  And finally I am committed to it!  I am going to write a blog.  I love sharing about our life with others.  Not for selfish gain but just to be able to share how God transformed our lives and sustains us.  How else can you explain a family of 9?  Or better yet that we trusted Him fully never questioning accepting another child into our home?

Galatians 5:13-14 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Many moons ago when we stepped out on this journey, John and I had no idea what we were starting.  Innocently enough we were opening our home to children who were in transition.  We had room in our home and our hearts.  That's how it all started!!  But man did it begin to take many twists and turns over the years.  So today we live in a modest home that John grew up in with his grandparents.  He has many wonderful memories of "Dublin Lane".  Just when I thought God couldn't possibly turn our world upside down again, I resigned my career of 12 years and became a stay at home, homeschooling mom to our youngest five children.  I hope you you enjoy hearing how we are learning to be a family and enjoying life together.  There never is a dull moment.....Growing Up on Dublin Lane.

Come back next week to hear why I title the blog Growing Up on Dublin Lane.

Just 6 of our 7 kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment