Friday, October 24, 2014

A Loss for Words

As I sat down this week to write, I was at a loss.  I mean no words.  I had a whirlwind of thoughts but nothing that seemed worthy to write about.  It has been a tough week.  I had lots of emotional ups and downs. No reason really for the emotional roller coaster.  Just the usual happenings around this house.  There is never a dull moment.  Always something that we could complain about.  I mean we are not independently wealthy.  I don't have the fanciest cars or the newest fashion.   My kids are not perfect and they challenge my patience daily.   I struggle with figuring out how to live a life of worth.  I worry what I am NOT doing that I should.  But I have to tell the roller coaster to STOP and I have to get off the ride.  And sit.  Quietly.  And think.  When I sit down and think about my life I have many blessings and more than I deserve. So what gives!!!

I am human.  Prone to influences of the world around me.  Taken up in the drama of those around me.  Caught up in my insecurities.  Turning down the voice of God and listening to my own negative self-talk. So I get on the roller coaster from time to time.

O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his mercy endures forever.   Psalm 107:1

So how do I get out of this rut.  Focusing on gratitude.  No matter how blah I feel.  How down I get. I still have SOMETHING to be grateful for I can find.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  1 Thessalonians 5:18

So in honor of my roller coaster week and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  I am going to give you my Top 5 Things I am Thankful.

1.  The Love of Christ

I cannot even express in words adequately how thankful I am for Christ's sacrifice for me...for us.  I mean how do you thank someone who sacrificed life so that you could live.

2.  Amazing Husband

Hunky Hubby sees me at my worst and my best and it never seems to phase him....well almost never.  I mean he really does.  He still shuffles across the house as I repeatedly call him from the other room to bring me the remote that is on the TV stand. and just grins.  He never gets tired of closing cabinet doors behind me even when he hits his head.  He is always up for one of my crazy craft projects that requires his skills to help finish.  God's character is evident in how he loves me and cherishes me.....and tolerates me.

3.  Laundry, Dishes, & Vacuuming

Your probably going okay this one is a little over the top.  But stop and think about it.  If I didn't have a house, dishes, cups, utensils, food, clothes, little people running in and out....I wouldn't have laundry, dishes and vacuuming.  So given the alternative I am thankful to wake up every day with a full day of cleaning and re-cleaning.  Now I have down-sized and we don't have extra clutter to cut down on the hours spent cleaning.

4.  Running

Okay those who really know me are likely laughing out loud right now.  I hate to run.  I am slow as molasses.  Actually I saw a Tshirt once that said it better.  "I run like a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter but I run."  Yep that's me.  BUT I am thankful I can run...however slow I do.  I am physically able to move!


5.  The Ability to Laugh & Cry

Life it tough but I have hope.  I can see the joy in things around me.  I can feel the pain of others.  I can FEEL!  In this digital age where we can play realistic games, create a network of friends we never actually speak to and could order everything we need online so we never literally have to leave our house, you can easily see how quickly we can become desensitized.  Never having to feel true emotion.  Simply stage the best photo op...create the best selfie....tweet or post about the fantastic life we create.  I am thankful that I have real relationships....real struggles....real pain.....and real joy!


This is the day that the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.       Psalm 118:24

So even in those days when I feel that life isn't fair and I have had enough I can sit and remember all the blessings in my life while we are Growing Up on Dublin Lane.







If you feel led to help support our mission, please visit http://www.givingbean.com/store/home.php?partner=3a5d0

www.givingbean.com coffee tea

No comments:

Post a Comment