Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Madness

I am going to start a new weekly post called Monday Madness....well that is unless the madness is too much!  It will be quick look at our week.

1.  Many know that I have a small photography business that I started.  My plans are to keep it small, to enjoy my craft, express my art, and make a little cash stash.  I had my first solo wedding and I spent the first part of this week editing the images.  The bride was beautiful and the wedding stunning so my job was easy.



2.  There is never a lack of laughter in our home.  My hubby is one of the funniest people I know and we could never get through our life without laughter.  One of our focuses lately has been on budgeting.  So this past week we make a quick trip into town for essentials.  I mention we need toilet paper.  John responds "Seriously"  I guess he doesn't realize how much is used in a household of 7 (with 4 ladies)!  I then rant a little that yes we did.  His response "I already try not to use bathroom at home to help save on toilet paper."  I can't complain too much at least he is trying to help with the budget.

3.  Six Flags is probably mine and John's least favorite place.  Long lines, big crowds, and overpriced everything.  But like most our kids love this place and it just happened to be the location of the last cheer competition of the year.  So we packed coolers of snacks and drinks, packed the sunscreen, and loaded up the entire family for the day.  Since we are budget-minded we opted to drive up instead of staying overnight.  Only complicating factor is that we had to be at Six Flags at 7am.  We live 2 1/2 hours away (2 hours with no traffic).  So cheerfully we get up at 4a to make the trek to Six Flags. The kids had a blast.  John and I are still recovering 2 days later.




4.  Softball season has begun.  Technically for us softball never ends as our daughters play on a select softball team but league recently started.  I snapped this photo at a game the other night.  Rikki Rae is catching and Torri is pitching while John sits on the bucket yelling....I mean coaching.  Precious memories!



5.  First Grandbaby...What else is there to say?  Absolutely precious.



Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment