Thursday, January 1, 2015

Ending with a BANG!

Well New Year's Eve has come and gone!  For the Morris house it was a usual night consisting of early bedtime for Hunky Hubby and I.  We have never been much on New Year celebrations and nothing is better than being snuggled in a warm bed after a long day.  And yesterday was a long day!  We were up and in Tyler by 6:30a for an appointment.  Hunky Hubby did not end his work day until after 8p and I decided to start 2015 off right with a reorganized sewing/craft room the last day of 2014.  Sounds like not such a big deal until you realize that reorganizing one room will result in several rooms being "reorganized".  So my simple one room task resulted in 5 other rooms being included in the project.  The kids were great and with frequent prompting helped out their organized-frantic Mom.  But after 5 hours of moving furniture, reorganizing boxes, and purging I was exhausted.  Seriously though after I finished I was amazed at the amount of "stuff" we had that we did not need or that I even realized we had.  I had over 15 rolls of Christmas wrapping papers and 60+ books that will all be gifted to someone.  I then realized I have 12 sewing/quilting projects in progress and 5 tubs of Tshirts for the kids quilts.  Seriously I think I am ADD!

So when the clock rolled over to 9:30p this lady was ready for her bed so off I went.  Well that was until midnight and then our neighbors fiesta ended with a BANG!  I have never been a fan of fireworks.  Just ask my mom.  I usually enjoy them from the comforts of the house through the living room windows while screaming (okay as I grew up I stopped the crying but I still stay in the house).

So now that it is 2015 I thought I would compile my 2014 Top Ten:

1.  I left my paying gig to focus on a new non-paying gig as a stay at home/homeschooling mom!  An adjustment for sure but I have enjoyed every second of it!

2.  I learned I am going to have a grandson.  We will affectionally be called Lolly & Pop as of Feb 2015!!

3.  I rediscovered my joy of photography and have started a small business.  I have loved this new adventure so far!

4.  I learned that I love the idea of my husband taking care of me.  But more than that, I realized God provides what I need when I need it.  Ms Independent doesn't live here anymore!

5.  I discovered true friendship.  Leaving  my job shifted things (to say the least) and my true friendships lasted.  So thankful for my dear friends who encourage and hold me accountable!

6.  I was reminded how precious life is and we should never take it for granted.  We had several lives end some expected, some unexpected, but all a somber reminder we are never guaranteed tomorrow.

7.  I picked back up sewing.  Well technically I hadn't really stopped all together but I was slow to finish any projects previously.

8.  I removed Facebook from my phone.  Ha!  You may laugh but that saved me an insane amount of data which saved me money.  So THAT made the list!!!

9.  We learned to live on a budget.  We have always been blessed financially so what is a budget?!  My new non-paying gig included financial management on less finances.  Don't get me wrong...my paying gig I understood budgets, productivity, profit margins all to well (I have a MBA just never used that stuff at home.)  I just had to shift a few things at home and we are happily within budget.

10.  I started this blog.  I am still amazed that anyone would care to read about me or our family.  But so many have commented how they enjoy the blog.  So I guess my life is amusing!!

Stay tuned to Growing Up on Dublin Lane to see all our adventures in 2015!




2 comments:

  1. I love blogs. I love YOUR blog. I read a lot of blogs. I write my own blog. So trust me, I will always read when you write!

    Sounds like you've had a great year!!

    ReplyDelete